So here we go, my first blog. I'm playing hookie from work in order to write this and yes I do feel guilty (but not that much). This has been a long time in the making. Years ago I kept a journal. Both therapeutic and fulfilling, I gave it up in order to pursue more pressing concerns that drug use seemed to resolve. But before I get into my story and current events let me share 21 bullets about myself for the curious reader:
- I live alone.
- I work in health care.
- I am a credentialed drug and alcohol counselor (ironically).
- I love animals, especially my little beast; he reminds me of who (and what) I am.
- I am ambivalent about being single.
- My recovery has been very fulfilling, but is not always gratifying.
- I love to read, listen to music and enjoy all the performing arts.
- In addition to drugs, I am addicted to the internet (no, not porn, you cheeky monkey) and recently food.
- I am an INTP, with a strong extroverted side. I like the term Introversatile.
- Honesty is easier to recognize than practice.
- I love nature, travel and all new adventures.
- I do not attend enough meetings.
- I believe in our capacity to change; change is hard.
- I am sometimes given to morbid rumination.
- I like spirituality as an idea rather than a feeling. Spirituality must be practiced.
- I'm lazy. I eat too much and don't exercise enough.
- I think a a great deal about what it means to be "good," "well" and "happy."
- Love others, even when hell is other people.
- Empathy is a skill and an art. It starts with you.
- We all carry a bag of rocks, the key is learning to let them go.
- One must consider Sisyphus happy.
Well that's me in a nutshell. I'd love to hear about you . . . A parting thought:
all is merely talk which isn't singing...