The fact that you are reading this post right now means that you are ready to get rid of your alcohol addiction. Yes, you are more than prepared to fight your inner demons and overcome your dependence on alcohol. I know that this is difficult and will take a lot of effort. But trust me when I say that all the hardships are worth it in the end.
This post is for all of you who want to change your life by quitting alcohol for good.
Prove your inner demons that they are wrong. Do anything that you can just to conquer your alcohol addiction. Here are quick tips to help you:
- Keep fit. Set your mind to always go for the healthier options. Go for healthy and balanced meals instead of junk food. Take sufficient amount of sleep and hydrate yourself with lots of water. Let off steam and release stress by exercising. Keep your cool to avoid mood swings. Remember that relapse most likely occurs when people are stressed.
- Change your environment. Effectively deal with stress by avoiding places or people that remind you of drinking. Widen your social circle. Get to know other people and find new hobbies that will make you happy. Doing all this will help you counter the stressors while making you feel good about yourself. Joining support groups is one good suggestion.
- Take note of your triggers. This is in connection to tip number 2. Sometimes, people, places, or events make you want to go back to your old ways – probably because of muscle memory or routines already established. Know your triggers and take note of them if you must. However, there are situations when you are surrounded by booze and drinks. Just distract yourself and you will manage.
- Talk it out. Two heads are better than one so it is better if you talk to someone if your problems are bothering you. Talk instead of heading to a bar to drink your problems away. Your trusted advisors will always offer you a sympathetic ear and a shoulder to cry on if you need one. You can even talk to professionals who deal with this kind of problem every day.
- Stay true to your goals. If you really want to change your life for the better, commit yourself to this seemingly impossible task. I know that you are aware that this big change will not take effect overnight so you need to put in your 100% in this. Set goals that are realistic so you can follow through them.
- Try different approaches. Sure, there are many trends when it comes to alcohol addiction recovery so try one that’s credible. There are e-books, CDs, books, sessions, or food supplements (like WillpowerX) available that can help you reach your goal of getting rid of your alcohol addiction. There’s no harm in trying, right?
I know it is hard to finally let go and get rid of your alcohol addiction especially if it is something that you are used to. All you need to do is try your hardest because your life depends on this. There are many others like you who are suffering from this kind of problem too so you are not alone in this. There are many who are more than willing to help and I am one of them.
Just hang in there. Okay? J